The Engineering Division's Floodplain Management responsibilities include:
- Responding to property owners and potential property owners of parcel floodplain status (request a floodplain status report)
- Administering Floodplain Management Overlay Zone (Section 2.15, Coconino County Zoning Ordinance) requirements, adopted as part of the Coconino County Zoning Ordinance, to minimize public and private flood losses.
- Responding to inquiries about Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) floodplains NFIP Publications
- Reviewing drainage studies and Floodplain Permit Applications
- Coordinating with FEMA to ensure Coconino County maintains its flood insurance rating
- Addressing Notification of Drainage/Flooding Issues received from citizens.
- Is My Property in the Floodplain? - Online mapping application for initial determination
- Building Pre-FIRM Determination Guide
- National Flood Insurance Program Substantial Improvement/Substantial Damage Minimum Requirements
- Building in a High-Risk Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA): Do I need to Elevate?
- Minimum Standards for Manufactured Housing Foundations in Floodplains
- A Homeowner's Guide to Drainage
- FEMA Elevation Certificate & Instructions
- Floodplain Permit Application
- Floodproofing Certificate for Non-Residential Structures
- Request a Floodplain Status Report
- FEMA Floodway "No-Rise/No-Impact" Certification
Studies & Assessments:
- Fort Valley Initial Engineering Assessment (IEA)