All Things Financial
We are glad that you are interested in Coconino County's financial information and hope this will help you easily navigate our complex financial landscape.
Ongoing Fiscal Health with Financial Planning
Coconino County has a long history of prudent financial management. To position ourselves more strategically moving forward, we began an extensive long-term financial planning process in FY07. Prior to FY07, the County had been using a five-year plan for projecting General Fund revenues and expenditures. The County realized that there is a recession approximately every ten years, and our goal is to maintain consistent staffing, operating, and service delivery levels over time. A ten-year plan was developed for not just the General Fund, but for all major funds. This was effective in aligning recurring revenues with recurring expenditures. Using a ten-year financial plan we moved away from a “reactionary” revenue budgeting approach to a more accurate forecasting methodology based on what we believe to be a more sustainable level of revenue. We begin the budget development process with a review of our revenue and expenditure forecasting in the ten-year plans to determine the available resources for the upcoming fiscal year.
Current Fiscal Year:
Final Budget Tentative Budget
Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports
Fiscal Year 2016 CAFR
Fiscal Year 2015 CAFR
Single Audit Reports
Fiscal Year 2015 Single Audit
If you are looking for information about the County’s upcoming fiscal year budget (July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017), then you came to the right spot! The annual strategic budget process kicked off at the beginning of January 2016. The process involves a number of steps to prepare a recommended budget for the County Manager to present to the Board of Supervisors. The Board then meets with each County department and other County partners that receives County funds.
- Fiscal Year 2017 Tentative Budget Adoption: Wednesday June 1, 2016.
- Fiscal Year 2017 Final Budget Adoption: Tuesday June 21, 2016.
- Fiscal Year 2017 (Calendar Year 2016) Tax Rate Adoption: Tuesday August 9, 2016.
Adopted Tax Rates
Fiscal Year 2017 Tax Rates
Fiscal Year 2016 Tax Rates
Fiscal Year 2015 Tax Rates
State Auditor General Reports
All State Auditor Reports are now located on the Arizona State Auditor General Website
If you want to get into the real nitty-gritty of County finances – there is a lot more financial information, such as:
- County financial statements (Arizona State Auditor General Website)
- Financial planning presentations to the board during the year
- GFOA's Award for Budget Presentation (Government Finance Officers Association)
- Coconino one of five Arizona counties (out of 15) that received this award
- GFOA's Certificate of Achievement in Financial Reporting
- Coconino County one of seven Arizona Counties that received this award
- Strategic Budget Process Program Reports (PRs) by department
- Details on each program / service the County provide
For More Information
If there is still additional information you are interested in reviewing, then please visit the County Finance Department’s webpage or email Bonny Lynn, the County’s Chief Financial Officer.