BBE Course Description
Classroom-Based Business Development Course
Call early for a registration packet. Seating is limited to 12 participants.
|Duration||Fee||Dates & Hours
|$125||Summer 2018 Training
6 PM - 9 PM,
May 15, 22, 29,
June 5, 12, 19, 26,
July 3, 10, 17, 24, & 31.
Future Training Dates (Tentative):
*Fall '18: Sept. 4 - Nov. 20
|County Health and Community Services Building
2625 N. King St.
Flagstaff, AZ 86004
(1 block East of Fourth St.,
North of 7th Ave.)
Coconino County Community Services partners with America’s Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and their host (TBD) to facilitate the County Community Service’s 36-hour, 12-week classroom-based small business development training. We utilize LivePlan curriculum to assist budding entrepreneurs in assessing business idea feasibility while also giving existing business owners the tools required to stabilize and grow their small businesses. The objective of the course is to help develop a sound and easily implementable business plan. This plan and the essential business knowledge gained from the course can help you secure needed capital to successfully launch and grow the business of your dreams. The class registration fee is only $125, and income-based partial (50%) scholarships may also be available to those who qualify.
Summary Outline of Classes
Click here for a Summary Outline of the BBE 12-Week Program.
• Facilitation of the course by a seasoned SBDC counselor with years of small business development experience in several industries.
• A clear, business plan creation process, designed to assist understanding and user-friendly development of the components of a business plan.
• A robust LivePlan curriculum that will cover a different aspect of your business processes and operations each week.
• Guest speakers with expertise in various key business areas, such as:
- Business Finance
- Business Accounting
- Business Law
- Consumer/Client Relations
- Small Business Loans
• Links to printed materials and videos that will enhance the learning experience and compliment the curriculum.
• Assistance with developing a pitch slide deck as well as an understanding of the art of presentation including “pitching” and the “elevator speech”.
Flyer and Enrollment Application
For more information see the BBE training flyer.
If you have any questions or to receive an application via email attachment, please contact Special Projects Program Manager Scott Neuman (928-679-7463), VISTA Robin Ferrel (928-679-7466), or Administrative Manager Rosie Wear (928-679-7426).