Senior Services staff provide assistance to seniors with information referral, and home care services to enhance their quality of life in Coconino County. There are local, state and federal programs and benefits that are often under used.
We understand that often the application process for programs can become a barrier to applying for services. Senior Services staff assists with that process in our office, on the telephone or in the privacy of a client's home.
Application and referral assistance is provided for many programs and here are just a few:
- Administration For Community Living
- Adult Protective Services
- Arizona Caregiver Association
- Arizona Long Term Care System (ALTCS)
- Arizona Self Help Benefits Checkup
- Arizona Veterans Administration
- Clothing Referrals
- Caregiver-Respite Information
- Services for Older Adults and Persons with Disabilities
- DefeatMalnutrition.Today National Blueprint
- Elder Rights-Ombudsman
- Eviction Prevention Program
- Food and Nutrition
- Health Services
- Healthy-e-Arizona Plus
- Homecare Services (Housekeeping, Personal Care and Respite)
- Home Repairs, Appliance Replacement and Weatherization
- Legal Assistance:
- Medicare Cost Share (MCS)
- National Council on Aging Benefits Check Up
- Property Tax Assistance
- Senior Centers:
- Telephone Assistance Programs
- Utility Assistance - Discounts
- Yavapai-Coconino Senior Caregiver Resource Guide
Most programs and services, including home visits, have income eligibility and/or proof of income requirements.
Coconino County Health and Human Services staff are proud members of the Northern Arizona Alzheimer's and Dementia Alliance (NAZADA) providing quarterly informational sessions for the community and connecting those with Alzheimer's and their families with resources. Visit NAZADA for more information
Finding Meaning and Hope Discussion Series for Family Caregivers, a ten-part series is offered throughout Coconino County. Contact us to learn when the next session will begin. To learn more about the program, watch this video.
Funding our Community Action Work
To fund community action and fight poverty our Senior Services programs utilize agency and foundation grants, such as from United Way of Northern Arizona, as well as individual and business donations. Community Services is an approved Qualifying Charitable Organization. Each year the Arizona Department of Revenue publishes its list of All Qualifying Charitable Organizations. Donations are eligible for the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit - up to $400 for individuals and $800 for married couples filing jointly. If you need more information, read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) or DONATE NOW!