Coconino County Juvenile Court Services
Roles & ResponsibilitiesOur department is responsible for juvenile delinquency and dependency court operations, probation, and detention.
We develop our youths' Pro-Social Life Skills, Beliefs, and Motivations that create short and long-term successes and community protection.
Our Mission's Modelis Step Up Juvenile Justice.
The two main goals of Step Up Juvenile Justice are:
1. To develop our youths' five Pro-Social Life Skills:
- Positive Daily Routine with Rules and Boundaries (Structure Law Abiding Living)
- Making Things Right (Restorative Accountability)
- Staying Out of Trouble (Relapse Prevention)
- Preparing for the Future (Education, Employment, and Special Strength Building)
- Positive Support System Building (Positive People and Activities that Facilitate Success)
- Positive Structure and Supervision
- Modeling and Teaching Pro-Social Behaviors and Skills
- Positive Adult Care and Leadership
We implement evidence based principles through:
- Youth and family-centered practices
- Outcome-based, performance-driven skill development programming
- Integrated programming and care givers
We utilize twelve (12) core Evidence Based Practices to help youth and parent(s) learn and achieve the Prosocial Skills and Effective Parenting Actions.
Please see the positive outcomes our youth and families are having.Juvenile Court FY2020 Year End Activity Report