Parks, natural areas, trails, and playgrounds managed by Coconino County are open for public enjoyment; this excludes Louise Yellowman County Park (updated 3/15/21). Per the CDC, carefully consider use of playgrounds and help children follow guidelines. It is difficult to keep playground surfaces clean and disinfected, and playgrounds at parks are not disinfected.
The Parks & Recreation Office, located at Fort Tuthill County Park in Flagstaff, AZ, has reopened! Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We are closed weekends and holidays. You may also reach Parks & Recreation staff by phone at (928) 679 8000 or e-mail at parksrec(at)coconino.az.gov.
- Navajo Ramada at Fort Tuthill County Park is closed.
- Louise Yellowman County Park in Tuba City is closed.
- Fort Tuthill Stables are closed until further notice for both drop-in and event usage; we are not accepting stable reservations at this time.
- Fort Tuthill County Park is operating as a COVID-19 vaccine site in Coconino County, and this will be prioritized for public vehicular access.
- The Fort Tuthill Military History Museum is closed until further notice.
- Fort Tuthill Campground is closed for the season; it will reopen May 1, 2021.
- Flagstaff Extreme Adventure Course is open with limited capacity and by appointment only.
- Luke Air Force Base - Fort Tuthill Recreation Area is open.
Coconino County Parks & Recreation encourages the public to engage in responsible physical and social distancing. Per the CDC, please keep a 6’ distance between you and others if you head outdoors to practice mental and physical health. Please follow these recommended practices, as well as Guidance from Coconino County Health and Human Services and Arizona Department of Health Services, to help keep you, your loved ones, and your community safe.
- Curious how Coconino County Parks & Recreation Operations and Maintenance repurposes felled trees from hazardous tree removal? Check out this video, which showcases projects completed in 2020.
- Read the department's Re-Opening for Facility Rentals
- Check out upcoming events; this list is changing due to COVID-19, so please check back periodically.