Permanent Early Voting
Permanent Early Voting List
Why sign up to be on the Permanent Early Voting List (PEVL)? Because you don’t have to request an early ballot and your early ballot will automatically be mailed to you for every election in which you are eligible to vote.
To sign up, you must make a written request asking to be on the PEVL. The request must include your name, residence address, mailing address within Arizona (if different than the residence address), date of birth, and signature. A form is available online for you to download and print.
Arizona law requires that your mailing address must be within Arizona. Military and overseas voters are exempt from this restriction.
Remaining on the List
Once you’re on the PEVL, you will remain on the list until one of the following occurs:
- Your registration is cancelled
- Mail sent to you from the Elections Office is returned by the postal system and is marked undeliverable, or it indicates you have a new address
- You request in writing to be removed from the list
Receive Notice Before Elections
Voters who are on the PEVL will receive a notice prior to upcoming primary and general elections that includes:
- The dates of the upcoming elections
- The dates that your ballots are expected to be mailed
- The address where the ballots will be mailed
Reminder to Notify
The notice will remind you to notify the Elections Office if:
- You do not want to receive an early ballot for one or all of the elections indicated
- You need to update either your residence or mailing address
- You want to request that your ballot be mailed to a different address for the elections indicated
- You want to remove yourself from the PEVL entirely
For More Information
For more information, call the Elections Office at 928-679-7860 or call toll-free at 800-793-6181.