NOTICE: At this time, staff is offering an online pre-application meeting format. You will be contacted by staff via e-mail with a link to join a meeting via Microsoft Teams using your web browser, or you may utilize a phone call-in option.
If your project is a subdivision or requires a conditional use permit, variance, or zone change, a pre-application meeting will be necessary before an application is submitted. Click here to download a Pre-Application Meeting overview with more information.
A pre-application meeting is a free, informal meeting with members of different divisions within the Community Development department as well as area agencies so that you can learn more about opportunities and challenges on your property before you spend money or time applying for a permit. A pre-application meeting is required for any projects requiring a public hearing.
------> Please click here to view the latest pre-application meeting schedule with submittal deadlines. Please note that staff requires adequate review time prior to placing a project on the schedule.
To schedule a pre-application meeting, please visit the Online Portal and apply for a Pre-Application Meeting by following these instructions:
- Online Portal Tutorial – please watch a very brief video here prior to applying online so you understand how to use the online portal permitting system.
- Register – You will need to register in the online portal here if you have not already done so. Please remember your e-mail address and password because you will need them for future log-ins.
- Start Your Online Application - When you have followed the steps above, initiate an application using the online portal here. You will need to log in, select My Portal, then Apply Online, then Planning and Zoning, then "Pre-Application Meeting," and follow the prompts from there.
- Submit - Clicking “Save and Continue” at the end will submit your application and create a permit. You will have an opportunity to edit your information one last time prior to submitting, and if you need to make changes later you may contact staff for assistance.
- Upload – Once you have created your permit, you may scroll down to “Submittals” and upload your PDF documents.
- Electronic or scanned copy of a draft site plan (hand-drawn sketch is fine) and
- Typed Narrative (describe all aspects of the use, hours, employees, activities as applicable).
A planner will then be in touch with you to select a date and time for your meeting. Pre-application meetings are generally held on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month between 9:00am and noon and are offered online using the Microsoft Teams platform with a call-in option. These are times when staff representatives from each division in the department (Planning and Zoning, Building, Environmental Quality (septic), Engineering, and Sustainable Building Program) are available. Off-schedule pre-application meetings can be scheduled, however staff is limited.
Please click here to view the latest pre-application meeting schedule.