Click here for Vaccination Locations
Coconino County COVID-19 Information Line: 928-679-7300
Vaccine for Children Ages 5-11
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) joined the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in approval of the Pfizer (Comirnaty) vaccine for children ages 5-11 years, at a lower dosage. COVID-19 vaccinations for children ages 12-17 were previously approved by the CDC.
Coconino County Health and Human Services is administering the lower dosage Pfizer vaccine to children ages 5-17. Additionally, several healthcare providers and pharmacies also offer COVID-19 vaccinations. Please contact them directly for the most current information. COVID-19 vaccines are provided at no cost. Click here for COVID-19 vaccination locations.
Booster Doses Authorized for all Adults 18 and Older
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) joined the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in authorizing a single booster dose of the Moderna and Pfizer mRNA vaccines for all adults 18 years and older at least six months after completing their initial vaccine series. The CDC previously approved booster doses of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine for all adults 18 years and older at least two months after their initial dose. People under the age of 18 are not eligible to receive a booster shot.
New CDC guidance allows individuals to choose which type of vaccine booster they receive, allowing for mixing and matching of vaccines, subject to that vaccine’s timing and eligibility recommendations for booster doses.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend an additional COVID-19 vaccine dose for certain immunocompromised individuals. Click here for more information.
Children 5-17 years
Pfizer (Comrinaty) Vaccine
- The 2nd dose should be scheduled at least 21 days following first dose.
Pfizer (Comirnaty) Vaccine
- The 2nd does should be scheduled at least 21 days following the first dose.
- A booster dose should be scheduled at least 6 months following the completion of the initial two-dose series.
- The 2nd dose should be scheduled at least 28 days following the first dose.
- Booster dose should be scheduled at least 6 months following the completion of the initial 2 dose series.
Johnson & Johnson Vaccine
- Booster recommended at least 2 months following initial vaccination.