Emergency Notification System
When emergencies happen, be the first to know.
The Coconino County Emergency Notification System uses Alerts powered by Rave Mobile Safety's Smart911 to send official, real-time alerts to the public with information about potentially life-saving actions you may need to take to keep you and your family safe.
|How much does it cost?||This service is provided by Coconino County at no cost to the public; however, message and data rates may apply depending on your provider and phone services.|
|What type of alerts will I receive?||Emergency alerts are sent 24/7 when there is an immediate threat to life and/or property. These include natural hazards (wildfire, flooding, etc.) and man-made hazards (violent crimes in progress, major accidents, missing persons, etc.). In addition to emergency alerts, you can also choose to receive customizable community notifications. These include notifications about:
o Safety risks
o Health risks
o Transportation disruption
o Special event information
o Test messages.
|Will my personal information be disclosed or shared?||Your information is private and will not be used or distributed in any manner. The information that you provide is exempt from public disclosure and will be used for emergency purposes only.|
|How do I update my information in the emergency notification system?||Follow these steps to change your alert preferences (for example, to reduce the number of messages of a certain type, or to change the contacts used for each kind of message):
1. Go to the Smart911 login page by clicking HERE.
2. Login using your Smart911 username and password (If you’ve forgotten these, follow the instructions on the page under “Forgot Username or Password?”)
3. Once signed in, click the ‘Preferences’ tab at the top
4. Under ‘Notification Preferences’, you can make changes to both the phone numbers and email addresses on which you want to receive alerts and messages by clicking or unclicking the checkboxes.
5. You can also choose what alerts you want to receive and the method you wish to receive them by (text, voice, email)
a. For example, if you wish to turn off all messages regarding Transportation Disruptions, simply uncheck the box to the left of “Transportation Disruption”
b. If you wish instead only to receive emails for Transportation Disruption notifications, instead uncheck the “Text” and / or “Voice” choices, so that only “Email” remains checked
|How do I unsubscribe, or delete my account?||To unsubscribe, or delete your account, please follow the directions found HERE. ***NOTE: If you delete your account, you will no longer receive emergency alerts and notifications from Coconino County.|
|Who can I contact if I have questions, or need assistance?||Please email us at email@example.com.|