In July 2020, the State of Arizona adopted the 2017 FDA Food Code, with an added addendum. This was the first time that the code has been updated since 2001 when the 1999 Food Code was adopted. As a result, when the State adopted the updated 2017 FDA Food Code, Coconino County’s Unified Health Code automatically updated as well.
Below are links to informational videos outlining the major changes from the 1999 FDA Food Code to the 2017 FDA Food Code in English, Spanish and Mandarin.
- Introduction to the FDA Food Code changes by Deputy Manager Eve Wolters English, Spanish, Mandarin
- Town Hall On Upcoming Changes to our Food Code English
- Chapter 1 Changes: Priority, Priority Foundation and Core English, Spanish, Mandarin
- Chapter 1 Changes: Time/Temperature Control and Food Allergens English, Spanish Part 1, Spanish Part 2 Mandarin
- Chapter 2 Changes: Certified Food Protection Manager English, Spanish, Mandarin
- Chapter 2 Changes: Written Policy on Vomiting and Diarrheal Events English, Spanish, Mandarin
- Chapter 3 Changes: HAACP Log Reduction English, Spanish, Mandarin
- Chapter 3-4 Changes: Sanitizer Buckets and Warewashing English Mandarin
- Changes to Mobile Food Units and Permitting Definitions English, Spanish
- Packaged Juice Spanish, Mandarin