Parks & Recreation
January 2021 Update
Parks, natural areas, trails, and playgrounds managed by Coconino County are open for public enjoyment; this excludes Louise Yellowman County Park. (updated 9/11/20). Per the CDC, carefully consider use of playgrounds and help children follow guidelines. It is difficult to keep playground surfaces clean and disinfected, and playgrounds at parks are not disinfected.
The following sites and amenities are currently CLOSED:
- Navajo Ramada at Fort Tuthill County Park
- Louise Yellowman County Park in Tuba City is closed effective at 5 p.m. on Monday, March 23
- Archery Range Day Pass Sales
- Fort Tuthill Stables. Stables are closed until further notice for both drop-in and event usage; we are not accepting stable reservations at this time.
Coconino County Parks & Recreation encourages the public to engage in responsible physical and social distancing. Per the CDC, please keep a 6’ distance between you and others if you head outdoors to practice mental and physical health. Please follow these recommended practices, as well as Guidance from Coconino County Health and Human Services and Arizona Department of Health Services, to help keep you, your loved ones, and your community safe.
Coconino County Parks & Recreation is staffing its office virtually to help protect the team and the public during the COVID-19 pandemic. For inquiries about parks, natural areas and trails, please call the Parks & Recreation’s Administration phone number at 928-679-8000 from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday, or email parksrec(at)coconino.az.gov. Phones and emails are being forwarded to staff working remotely who can assist with questions.
- Fort Tuthill County Park is operating as a COVID-19 vaccine site in Coconino County, and this will be prioritized for public vehicular access.
- The Fort Tuthill Military History Museum is closed until further notice.
- Fort Tuthill Campground is closed for the season.
- Flagstaff Extreme Adventure Course is open with limited capacity and by appointment only.
- Luke Air Force Base - Fort Tuthill Recreation Area is open.
We engage the public in delivering quality parks, equitable community partnerships, diverse recreational opportunities, and distinctive natural areas and open spaces. Our vision is to enrich lives through exceptional parks and programs.