02 June 2023: The County’s contractor broke ground this week on the Mt. Elden Lookout Road Drainage Improvement Project. This week’s work included the start of tree removal, utility potholing, area clearing & grubbing, and the installation of Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) measures.
Next week’s work is scheduled to include completion of tree removal and the start of utility relocation.
Construction is expected to have an overall duration of approximately four months. However, this schedule is subject to change due to weather or other unforeseen factors.
Following the Pipeline Fire in 2022, storm water flows within Schultz Creek Wash drastically increased, frequently overtopping and forcing the closure of Mount Elden Lookout Road. The Mount Elden Lookout Road - Shultz Creek Crossing Improvement Project will include a three-barrel box culvert along with upstream and downstream improvements to help mitigate impacts of high-volume monsoon flows through the area.
- Status: Under Construction
- Project Engineer: Natural Channel Design
- Construction Start: May 2023
- Estimated Construction Completion: Summer 2023
- Project Cost: $1.85 Million
- Project Contractor: J. Banicki Construction, Inc.
- 11 May 2023 Public Meeting Presentation