HIV Case Management (Ryan White Program)
The Ryan White Program provides support, financial services, and case management services to those who are living with HIV/AIDS. It specifically helps those with lower incomes, no insurance, or insurance that does not cover the necessary treatment.
People are now living longer and healthier lives after being diagnosed with HIV. Coconino County Health and Human Services Case Management Services can help with:
- Navigating the many HIV services that are available
- Assisting with access to health/dental care
- Developing a comprehensive plan to improve overall health
- Providing support to you and your loved ones
Our experienced staff offer a wide range of services in a confidential and safe environment. Whether you are newly diagnosed, or have been for many years, we can help you reach your health goals.
The Standards of Care state that clients seeking Ryan White Services must be determined “eligible” under the statewide criteria. This eligibility must also be reviewed at least every 12 months and updated when there is a change to the client’s name, residency, household size, income, employment, or insurance.
- HIV Positive Status
- Resident of Coconino County
- Getting tested for viral load and CD4 count every 6 months
- Social Security card, picture Identification, and copies of insurance card
- Must meet income requirements - income requirements are updated annually, check with our Case Managers to see if you qualify
Case Management Resources
- Medical Care - We assist clients in finding local medical providers that have HIV specialties. We are also able to assist with medical co-pays if there is a financial burden.
- Dental Care - We assist clients in obtaining dental insurance, with no monthly premium.
- Medication Assistance - Medication is key to managing HIV and living a long healthy life. We assist clients in accessing the AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP). We are also able to provide assistance with medication co-pays when there is a financial necessity.
- Referrals for Services - Clients are referred to a local HIV/AIDS service organization to collaborate in providing a variety of services, including housing assistance and utility assistance (gas electric and water). We also provide referrals for local food banks and clothing vouchers.
- Individualized Care Plans - We provide a comprehensive assessment and then work with you to make unique care plans that meet your individual needs to help you achieve optimal health.
- Counseling - We provide referrals and funding for both substance abuse and general counseling needs.
HIV Prevention Resources - Contact Hannah Elzer at (928) 679-7353 for the services listed below.
- Partner Notification - When a person finds out that they are HIV positive it is important to notify anyone whom they have had sex with or shared needles with. Although some people prefer to do the notification themselves, others would like to have the person anonymously contacted. We are able to contact the person and let them know they may have been exposed and provide them with a free HIV test.
- Free and Confidential HIV Testing
- Sexual Health Education and Counseling
- Referrals to Other Services
- PrEP Navigation
|10 Reasons To Use Case Management Services
- Arizona Department of Health Services HIV Prevention Program
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) HIV Information
- HIV and AIDS quiz: Testing and Symptoms
- Arizona AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP)
2625 N King St
Flagstaff, AZ 86004
Call to make an appointment
Sarah Miles (928) 679-7322
Rick Michels (928) 679-7335
Monday - Thursday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.