Building Businesses & Entrepreneurs (BBE) Course Description
Attend our 9-week business plan development training online via Zoom!
Call early for an enrollment application and other related information. Training is typically limited to 15 participants.
|Duration||Fee||Dates & Hours||Training Delivery Platform|
(27 hours in-class, plus homework & individualized assistance)
|$125||Summer 2022 BBE Business Plan Development Training |
6 - 9 pm, Tuesday Evenings,
June 14, 21, 28,
July 5, 12, 19, 26,
Aug. 2, & 9
Tentatively. followed by: Summer 2022 BBE
6 - 9 pm, Tuesdays,
Sept. 20 - Nov. 15
|Internet-Based Distance Delivery via Zoom (*Due to social distancing precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19 pandemic this training is NOT classroom-based but offered only via Zoom video conferencing. Hybrid trainings are being planned for 2023. See Zoom system requirements.|
Since 2007, Coconino County has offered BBE training to help budding entrepreneurs assess the viability of existing and proposed businesses and the develop plans for successful business operations now and for the future. Participants are introduced to tools and information resources helpful to current and aspiring business owners for stabilizing or launching and growing the enterprise of their dreams.
Since BBE's inceptions county staff have worked with community partners including the Coconino Small Business Development Center (SBDC) hosted by Coconino Community College. SBDC currently facilitates BBE's 27-hour, 9-week Internet-based small business plan development training. We utilize Zoom and LivePlan delivery and instructional platforms. The objective of the course is to help develop a sound and easily implementable business plan. This plan and the essential business knowledge gained from the course can help you secure needed capital to successfully start and/or expand your business operations.
The class enrollment fee is only $125, and an income-based partial (50%) scholarship may also be available to those who are income eligible.
Training Summary Outline & Other Resources
The BBE training has continued to evolve to meet the needs of county residents who enroll and want to learn all they can. Click here for a general summary outline of our BBE 9-Week Program.
- Facilitation of the course by a seasoned SBDC counselor with years of small business development experience.
- The business plan creation process is designed to assist understanding and user-friendly development of the components of a business plan.
- The LivePlan web-portal and planning template makes it easier each week to add, build-on, and develop the various concepts and aspects of your business processes and operations.
- When appropriate, subject-matter experts are guest speakers sharing their expertise for key business topics, such as:
- Why & How of Business
- Business Law / Structure
- Market and Competitor Analysis
- Marketing / Branding
- Consumer / Client Relations
- Business Finance / Capital Development
- Business Accounting
- Links to printed materials and videos enhance the learning experience and compliment the curriculum.
- You'll learn the importance of developing a summary slide deck and the art of presenting your “elevator pitch”.
BBE Flyer, Application, & Enrollment Instructions
For a downloadable BBE training flyer - click here.