Building and Safety
The mission of the Building Division is threefold in nature:
- First, we work to safeguard public safety,
- Second, we work to improve the quality of Life with strong, affordable, energy efficient buildings.
- Third, we work to create a safer community for the people of Coconino County.
Building Permit Applications & Information
This Application Is Used For All Building Projects:
- Building / Civil Permit Application E-File
- Building / Civil Permit Application PDF FORMAT
- Site Plan Checklist - This form must be submitted with all building permit applications that will have plans sets included.
- Please ensure that you submit plans and documents by following the process (Online Plan Review Process) Just below this note.
- Email your complete application and plan set in a PDF format to: email@example.com
- Please note: the PDFs must be sent in an unlocked version to ensure we can perform electronic review on them.
- Be sure to include any calculations, engineering and specifications.
- Once received, a Permit technician will review your submittal and email back with a link and access code to pay your deposit online.
- At that time you will also be notified by the Permit Technician what submittal items, if any, are deficient.
- Single Family Dwelling $300.00
- All other Residential Projects $40.00
- Commercial Buildings $250.00
- All other Commercial Projects $40.00
- Commercial Plan Checklist
- Building Permit Procedures & Minimum Plan Requirements for Commercial Projects
- Residential Plan Checklist
- Building Permit Procedures & Minimum Plan Requirements for Residential Projects
Manufactured Homes & Factory Built Projects
Renewable Resource Permit
- Energy Code - Scope of Work
- Solar Photovoltaic Installation Requirements
- Residential Solar & Wind Permit (FAQs)
Building Codes, Ordinances, Design Criteria & Building Details
Codes & Ordinances
Design Criteria & Building Details
Building Inspection Areas & Phone Numbers
- Please use our electronic inspection request system, if possible.
- All phone numbers have voicemail and can be called at any time, 24 hours per day.
- Inspection requests must be submitted no later than 3:00 PM MST the day before the requested inspection date.
- Our goal is to schedule all requests for inspections, that are received on time, by 4:00 PM MST each day.
- Please note that there is no guarantee that the date you request will be the actual inspection date.
View Scheduled Inspections
- Please use the current schedule of inspections to see when inspections are scheduled.
- Please check the inspection area schedule to find the appropriate inspector and phone number.
Building Division Inspections
| Dale Buck
| Donnie Newton
| Ruben Rodriguez
| Brad Jones
Permit by Inspection
- Please contact Jesse Newton for more information.
EMERGENCY PHONE LINE
Coconino County Community Development
Emergency after Hours and Weekend Operation Hotline
Please call the phone number above for building or building system failures that occur after normal hours of operation. Please leave your contact information and the duty officer will contact you as soon as possible.
Please do not use this service for any County business other than emergency building or utility situations.