Cartography: How do I prepare my own Combination/Split application?
  1. Understand the process; don’t just fill out the application. Many applications are returned to applicants due to improperly executed applications and a lack of understanding of the process.
  2. Know the difference between filing and successfully approving an application and a conveyance that actually transfers real property.
  3. Be certain the legal descriptions that describe all new parcels and remainder parcels accurately do so. Many applications are returned to applicants because of legal descriptions that do not accurately describe a parcel of land. In order to properly assess and tax a parcel of land, the Assessor must be able to define the boundary of the parcel, determining acreage and location.
  4. Signatures on your Combination/Split Request form.
    • Planning and Zoning, City or County: The County and each municipality have their own rules and regulations regarding whether or not a land division will be creating legal parcels. The purpose of the filing a Combination/Split Request form is to determine, if in the eyes of the county or a particular city, the land division you are planning constitutes a legal parcel suitable for development—either residential or commercial. It is permissible to divide a parcel of land without filing a Combination/Split Request form but any resultant parcels may or may not qualify for development entitlements. The Assessor’s office will not process a Combination/Split Request form that has not been reviewed and signed with approval by the appropriate zoning and planning agency.
    • Treasurer’s Office: To verify property taxes have been paid.
    • Owner’s Signature: In order for the Assessor’s office to approve a Combination/Split Request form, the owner/s of a parcel must sign the form. If the parcel is owned by a corporation or trust, an officer of either must sign the form and the title and/or authorization status must be clearly noted. In the case of 2 or more parcels being combined and/or split where the each parcel has a different owner, the owner of EVERY parcel involved must sign the form.
    • Call the Assessor’s office with questions before recording your application.
Please be aware that many Combination/Split Request applications are rejected because of missing signatures or signatures that are unclear as to whether the signatory actually owns the parcel or is empowered to sign for the entity that does. If you have any questions please call the Assessor’s office for clarification before recording your application. This will ensure your application is processed as soon as the Assessor’s office schedule will allow.

Show All Answers

1. How is my Property taxed?
2. Appeal Value: How do I appeal my value?
3. Land Appraisal: How is land valued?
4. Land Appraisal: What units of comparison are used for land valuation?
5. Land Appraisal: How does land qualify for agricultural status?
6. Land Appraisal: What are the filing requirements for agricultural properties?
7. Land Appraisal: What is an animal unit?
8. Land Appraisal: What does the term 'carrying capacity' mean?
9. Land Appraisal: Are there penalties related to agricultural property use?
10. PP: What is personal property?
11. PP Business/Agricultural: Why did I receive a Business/Agricultural Property Statement?
12. PP Business/Agricultural: I did not receive a Business/Agricultural Property Statement what do I do?
13. PP Business/Agricultural: What do I do if I closed my business?
14. PP Business/Agricultural: What do I do if I sold or purchased a business?
15. PP Business/Agricultural: How is my personal property valued?
16. PP Business/Agricultural: Why is my business being audited?
17. PP Business/Agricultural: If I disagree with my full cash value, how do I appeal?
18. PP Business/Agricultural: How do I change my mailing address?
19. PP Manufactured Homes: What is a 504 Tax Clearance?
20. PP Manufactured Homes: When do I need a 504, and how do I get one?
21. PP Manufactured Homes: Is there a charge to obtain a 504 Tax Clearance?
22. PP Manufactured Homes: What do I need to obtain a 504?
23. PP Manufactured Homes: How do I re-title my manufactured home?
24. PP Manufactured Homes: What do I do if a 504 cannot be issued?
25. PP Manufactured Homes: Can I move a manufactured home without a 504?
26. PP Manufactured Homes: Where can I get a copy of an Affidavit of Affixture?
27. PP Manufactured Homes: How do I un-affix or remove a manufactured home ?
28. PP Manufactured Homes: What is the 'Manufactured Home Relocation Fund'?
29. PP Manufactured Homes: Why am I receiving a tax bill for a home I no longer own?
30. PP Manufactured Homes: I moved my manufactured home to another county, why am I receiving a bill from Coconino County?
31. PP IPR: What is an IPR?
32. PP IPR: I sold an IPR, how do I have tax notices sent to the new owner?
33. PP IPR: How are IPR's valued?
34. Individual Exemptions: What are property tax exemptions?
35. Individual Exemptions: When do I apply?
36. Individual Exemptions: Where do I apply?
37. Individual Exemptions: When filing an Exemption, do I need to come in person the first time?
38. Individual Exemptions: Do you have Exemption for Veterans?
39. Individual Exemptions: Can a person who has Power of Attorney file an Exemption for another individual?
40. Individual Exemptions: I qualified for the widows/widowers or disabled persons exemption, why did I receive a tax bill?
41. Individual Exemptions: My parent (s) is in a nursing home, can I still file an Affidavit?
42. Individual Exemptions: Will the Exemption status go back prior years?
43. Individual Exemptions: Is the exemption for my house only?
44. Senior Value Protection: What is considered my Primary Residence?
45. Senior Value Protection: What income should I include?
46. Senior Value Protection: If I apply for Senior Protection, do I have to declare my business income if I had a loss?
47. Senior Value Protection: I have the senior freeze, why did my taxes change?
48. Senior Value Protection: What is the deadline to apply?
49. Senior Value Protection: Does having the freeze affect my home’s value?
50. Title Dept: How do I change ownership or name on a property?
51. Title Dept: How do I add a person to a parcel?
52. Title Dept: My spouse passed away, how do I get the property listed solely in my name?
53. Title Dept: How do I gain ownership of a property if both parties are deceased or not in Joint Tenancy or Community Property with Right of Survivorship?
54. Title Dept: Where do I get the deed forms to fill out?
55. Title Dept: What is a legal description?
56. Title Dept: What is an 'Affidavit of Property Value' form and when do I need to complete one of these forms?
57. Title Dept: What are the different types of deeds and what is the difference between them?
58. Title Dept: How can I find previous owners on a parcel?
59. Cartography: What is a Legal Description?
60. Cartography: Who is qualified to prepare an accurate legal description?
61. Cartography: What is a conveyance?
62. Cartography: Why doesn’t a Combination/Split form convey land?
63. Cartography: What is an ‘Assessor Map’?
64. Cartography: What is the process to do a land split or combination?
65. Cartography: What are the requirements to do a land split or combination?
66. Cartography: What is the role of the Recorder's Office in the Combination/Split process?
67. Cartography: What is the role of the Land Surveyor in the Combination/Split process?
68. Cartography: How do I prepare my own Combination/Split application?
69. Cartography: How are Tax Assessor Parcel Numbers assigned?
70. RP: What is Real Property?
71. RP: What is Full Cash Value?
72. RP: What is Limited Property Value?
73. RP: What is Legal Class?
74. RP: What is Assessed Value?
75. RP: How is my Real Property Valued?